The Stark County Dental Society was organized in the banquet room of the Courtland Hotel, Canton, Ohio, November 4, 1909. The object of the Society was “to promote the public welfare and the advancement of the dental profession by education, science, mutual fellowship and good feeling;…….. “ Thirty members signed the charter on November 4, 1909. For complete SCDS history, click here.
The Stark County Dental Society celebrated its 100-year Anniversary November 5, 2009, at Brookside Country Club with over 40 past SCDS Presidents in attendance. The members of the Dental Society had worked diligently during 2009 through a major fundraising event and through their own personal benevolence to reach its goal of presenting a $100,000 gift to the Mercy Medical General Practice Residency program. This gift was proudly presented on November 5, 2009.
Today, the Stark County Dental Society is proud to be associated with the Stark State College of Technology and works closely to promote and support the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting programs at the College. Over 250 dentists belong to the Stark County Dental Society.